How to Make Roasted Red Peppers
I love roasted red peppers – they have such great flavor and add a little color to your meal. A lot of jarred peppers are packed in oil or have a lot of added sodium, so here is an easy way to make them healthier by making them yourself! Plus, it is an easy way to impress your friends and dinner guests!
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Wash 2 red bell peppers.
3.. Place peppers in a small baking dish and cook in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
4. Turn the oven to broil at 500 degrees F. Allow the peppers to roast for about 5-7 minutes on each side, until skin begins to visibly char.
5. Remove peppers from the oven and place immediately into a plastic bag. This allows the steam from the warm peppers to loosen the charred skin from the pepper, making it easier to peel off.
6. Once the peppers are cool enough to handle, peel away the skin with a fork (or your fingers).
7. Slice the tops of the peppers off and remove the seeds. Then slice into strips. Serve immediately with your meal, or store in air tight tupperware.